Grandma’s Pizzelle Recipe
This is an easy Pizzelle recipe my favorite grandma passed down to me for the classic Italian cookie.
This cookie is alwaysa hit because it looks pretty and is different. A Pizzelle
is lightly sweetened and flavored with anise and they’re always the perfect cookie for a bake sale or for holiday gift-giving.
• 2 cups all-purpose flour
• 1 cup sugar
• 3/4 cup butter melted & cooled
• 1 tablespoon anise extract
• 2 teaspoons baking powder
• 4 eggs room temperature
• Preheat pizzelle iron and spray with nonstick cooking spray.
• In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, butter, anise extract, baking powder, and eggs. Drop slightly rounded tablespoons of batter on to pizzelle iron and close.
• Bake as until golden brown, 30 seconds to 45 seconds. Using a spatula, remove each pizzelle to a cooling rack; repeat with remaining batter.
• Cool completely and enjoy 😊